BMW Performance – Power Kit (N55 Engine)
Circle BMW is pleased to announce the availability of a Power Kit for 135i and 335i vehicles produced
from March 2010 with the N55 engine! This Power Kit includes a software upgrade to increase power output, an
auxiliary water cooler and a more powerful radiator fan to increase engine cooling capacity.
BMW Power Kits are the only form of “tuning kits” approved and covered under the BMW of North America
limited warranty. Power Kits are designed and tested by BMW engineers to provide the highest power increase
without sacrificing reliability.
- The DME software tuning changes the engine parameters to increase horsepower and torque output.
- Horsepower is increased to 320hp (20hp increase).
- Torque is increased to 332 ft-lbs. (when equipped with an automatic transmission) and 317 ft-lbs. (when
equipped with a manual or DCT transmission).
- Faster acceleration:
- 0.2 seconds faster than the standard model from 0 mph to 60 mph.
- 0.5 seconds faster than the standard model from 50 mph to 75 mph.
- Specially developed in-house by BMW engineers to work with 135i and 335i vehicles.
- Vehicles retain the original emission certification.
- Vehicles maintain the original fuel efficiency ratings.
- The vehicle’s original BMW Limited Warranty is not affected.
- Includes an additional water cooler and a more powerful fan for the main radiator.
Additional air ducts are also required. Please refer to the EPC to ensure that the correct part numbers are
ordered. A CARB label is not required for vehicles equipped with the N55 engine.
Power Kits are also available for 135i, 335i (produced prior to March 2010) and X6 vehicles (produced prior to
Power Kits should only be installed on vehicles equipped with option code S840 (increased top speed
limiter – which includes an additional oil cooler). Do not install the Power Kit on vehicles without this option code.